Established in 1975, Vanguard has helped bring investing to the masses with the creation of the index fund, which don’t pick individual shares or bonds to beat the market, but rather they track the performance of the entire market. 30 million investors worldwide now trust Vanguard with their money. The company opened its UK office in 2009.
The Vanguard Personal Pension
The Vanguard Personal Pension is a SIPP that allows you to make your own investment decisions within our range of Vanguard funds. If eligible the government will pay tax relief on your payments and any third party payments. It is a tax-efficient way to save for your retirement, but as with any UK pension you normally can’t access your money before you’re 55.
Vanguard offer a range of financial services including Personal Pensions, ISAs, ETFs and more.
Vanguard Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Vanguard are decent, with many customers happy with the company’s professional customer service levels, as well as the easy-to-use investment platform. Some customers, on the other hand, have experienced very bad customer service levels, delays, frustrations and as such would not recommend the company.
Trust Pilot – 3.7/5 (based on 59 reviews)
- 40 years experience with 30 million investors worldwide
- Many positive customer reviews, excellent customer service
- Commitment to keeping costs low
- Over 75 funds to invest in
- Helpful website with useful downloadable content and clear information
- Many negative customer reviews, delays and frustrations
- Complaints that the investment platform is unintuitive to use
- A large website that is sometimes overwhelming with lots of information
- Phone lines not open on weekends