Established in 1918 as a life insurance company, Sanlam is a South African financial services group headquartered in Bellville, Western Cape, providing modern financial products and services to individuals, businesses and charities.
Sanlam have a variety of life insurance policies available, which can be personalised for you. Some provide cover until you die, while others are for a defined period, such as the number of years remaining on your mortgage. Policies come into effect if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness. Life cover is the simplest and most common type of financial protection for families and estates, which will pay out a lump sum or annuity when triggered. Additional details are only available upon further enquiry with the company.
Find out more
Over 50s Life Insurance
Sanlam does not offer over 50s life insurance.
Mortgage Life Insurance
Sanlam does not offer mortgage life insurance.
Critical Illness Cover
Critical illness cover pays out a tax-free lump sum if you are diagnosed with a life-changing condition, such as a stroke, heart attack or cancer. You can use the money to pay off debts, such as a mortgage, or for improvements around a home. Alternatively, the payout could help cover additional financial pressure from extra costs during long-term recovery – such as medication, making your home suitable for recovery, or employing someone to care for your children. Additional details are only available upon further enquiry with the company.
Find out more
Whole Life Insurance
Sanlam does not offer whole of life insurance.
Income Protection Insurance
If you are unable to work due to sudden illness or injury, an income protection policy can help you avoid serious financial strain and continue to pay your monthly bills or large expenses – such as home adjustments to accommodate a disability. Additional details are only available upon further enquiry with the company.
Sanlam offers a range of related financial services including pensions, mortgages, financial planning, family protection, inheritance tax planning and investment management.
Sanlam Reviews and Ratings
There is only one online review to be found for Sanlam which cannot be taken with any statistical significance.
Reviews.co.uk – 1/5 (based on 1 reviews)
- A well-established life insurance company over 100 years old
- A range of related financial services offered
- Personalised policies available for tailored needs
- Defaqto 5 Star Rating
- Multiple award winner including Private Asset Manager Awards 2019, Wealthnet and Investors Choice
- No online reviews to understand modern customer feedback
- Website has limited product information
- Online product brochures not available as advertised
- No specific product FAQs or online resources available
- Over 50s Life Insurance products not offered
- Mortgage Life Insurance and Income Protection products not offered