Marks and Spencer Group plc is a major British multinational retailer with headquarters in Westminster, London. In 1985 M&S launched a financial arm to its services, M&S Bank, which offers a range of financial services from current accounts to insurance, savings products and credit cards.
M&S life insurance will help protect your loved ones financially by paying out a lump sum of up to £500,000 if you die or contract a terminal illness during the term of the policy. Single or joint life cover is available. M&S Life Insurance provides a choice of level or decreasing cover options:
Level Cover – The amount you’re covered for remains the same throughout the term.
Decreasing Cover – The amount of cover reduces roughly in line with a repayment mortgage.
To qualify you must be a UK resident aged between 17-59 years old. You must also not be a member of the armed forces, Territorial Army or Army Reserve, and not be employed in hazardous occupations such as commercial diving, offshore work (including gas and oil platforms), offshore fishing or working with explosives. Currently M&S are offering a £100 gift voucher to spend in store when you purchase a new life insurance policy.
Find out more
Over 50s Life Insurance
M&S Bank does not offer over 50s life insurance.
Mortgage Life Insurance
M&S Bank does not offer mortgage life insurance.
Critical Illness Cover
M&S Bank does not offer critical illness cover.
Whole Life Insurance
M&S Bank does not offer whole of life insurance.
Income Protection Insurance
M&S Bank does not offer income protection insurance.
M&S Bank offers a range of financial services including current accounts, mortgages, personal loans, savings and investments, as well as car, pet, travel and home insurance products.
M&S Bank Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for M&S Bank are generally excellent with customers praising the warm, friendly and helpful staff, although there have been some frustrations noted with the online payment systems not working adequately and customers being unable to access their online accounts properly.
Reviews.co.uk – 4.4/5 (based on 58 reviews)
- A long established trusted UK brand
- Excellent customer feedback
- Single or joint life cover is available
- No medical examinations needed to apply
- A large range of financial services offered
- An informative website with easy to understand information
- Free £100 gift voucher offered to new customers
- Some customers frustrated with access to their online accounts
- Members of the armed forces, Territorial Army or Army Reserve excluded for cover
- Those employed in hazardous occupations such as commercial diving, offshore work (including gas and oil latforms), offshore fishing or working with explosives also excluded for cover
- Basic cover options available only
- Over 50s Life Insurance, Mortgage Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Whole Life Insurance and Income Protection Insurance products not offered
Website: M&S Bank