Founded in 1974, IG has over 45 years of market experience with over 1700 staff worldwide. The company is a trusted global leader in online trading, and an established member of the FTSE 250.
IG Smart Portfolio SIPP
The IG Smart Portfolio SIPP allows you to invest up to £40,000 this tax year with at least 20% tax relief on your contributions and no capital gains or income tax to pay. Available to UK residents it grants you much greater freedom when investing, including options for Stocks, Fixed-income products, Commercial property, commodities such as gold and more. Invested money will become accessible at the age of 55. SIPPs are administered by James Hay, a leading pension provider with a fully digital application process.
The company offers related financial services including ISAs, ETFs and various Smart Portfolio investment opportunities.
IG Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for IG are very good as customers report decent levels of customer service from knowledgeable staff, good technical support and a great fund platform especially for charting.
Trust Pilot – 3.8/5 (based on 3426 reviews)
- Reduce cash drag with fractional-share investments
- See your total cost of ownership (TCO) before you invest
- Get diversified global exposure
- Apply for your SIPP entirely online and use a digital signature to save time on your application
- Receive an expertly managed portfolio that’s right for your risk profile
- Award-winning: Online Personal Wealth Awards, ADVFN Inernational Finance Awards 2020
- Good customer feedback
- Excellent technical support and a user-friendly platform
- A long-established, reputable company since 1974
- Open 24 hours a day from 8am Saturday to 10pm Friday
- Some issues reported with both the company’s web browser and app versions
- Some complaints over hidden commission fees
- Many people have experience poor customer service and would not recommend the company
- A large, busy website with some fairly overwhelming information