Launched in 2012, Abundance is a London firm that aims to help the UK achieve a green, sustainable future by offering investments directly in businesses who are trying to make a real positive impact on the world such as those that tackle the climate emergency and help build more resilient communities.
The Abundance IF ISA
The Innovative Finance ISA (IF ISA) allows you to hold a range of alternative finance products in a tax-free wrapper that keeps any returns you receive free of tax. The IF ISA allows you to subscribe up to £20,000 in the 2020/21 tax year and protects the return on those investments from tax. You can also reinvest your returns without being taxed, meaning you can grow your money for as long as you like, tax free. Most investments offer six-monthly cash returns, which are then paid straight into your Abundance IF ISA account.
With this ISA you can choose every investment in it, so you can create a portfolio across multiple sectors and investment life stages that matches your financial goals with your vision for a more sustainable future. The minimum investment amount is just £5.
As well as the IF ISA, Abundance also offer Pension Schemes.
Abundance Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Abundance are good with users impressed with the company’s investment platform and ease of use. Some negative reviewers have questioned Abundance’s actual ‘green’ principles, and many have lost money on investments which they attribute to a lack of due diligence.
Trustpilot – 4.1/5 (based on 345 reviews)
- A market-leading ethical finance company
- Specialist Innovative Finance ISA offering
- Large choice of green and social investment opportunities
- Create a portfolio across multiple sectors and investment life stages
- £110million invested thus far with 45 ethical projects funded
- Minimum investment amount is just £5
- A clear, easy to understand website
- Fast easy online setup
- Some decent online reviews
- Award-winning: Ethical Consumer Best Buy
- Online free signup
- A relative newcomer in the industry
- Financial advice not offered
- Investors make their own decisions and choose their own investments
- Some complaints over a lack of due diligence
- No other ISA offerings available
- A lack of online support tools, downloadable content or help guides/videos